Kate said"I absolutely love home decor. Unfortunately, this leaves me in a constant state of domestic flux with tons of completely unfinished projects. Right now we are remodeling our kitchen in preparation for baby girl. I understand that she won't be born even needing to eat solid food, but we've wanted to redo our kitchen for the almost 6 years we've lived in our house. Nothing is more motivating than knowing that in a few months we will have more visitors than usual. So far we have had our cabinets painted and the walls have their first coat of new paint. Our new countertops should be installed in the next couple of weeks, and the rest of our appliances came today. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the nursery, except that once it is all done I can really get to work on creating a perfect little room. Last night I ordered her crib and changing table. You can see them here. I knew I wanted a white crib all along, and this style looks almost exactly like the one my mom used for all three of us. I also ordered some prints from this Etsy shop to hang on the walls. I want the room to have a vintage and whimsical feel to it. I want it to be vibrant and full of life for her. I want it to be perfect. 

It's such a strange feeling planning for this little person I feel like I already know so well, but the truth is I have no idea who she is or will be. I don't know what she'll look like or what color hair she'll have. I don't know her talents or her troubles. I don't know her passions and joys, but I can't wait to find out. I can't wait to watch her grow into herself and find out who she is and what she likes. I just pray that we can lovingly guide her into who she will become. 

For now I'll just spread out all of the tiny clothes I've bought for her and breathe them in and imagine her.

"Do you suppose she's a wildflower?" - Alice in Wonderland